Monday, October 18, 2010

GIZMOS: A lab alternative

I realize I haven't posted in a while, and I apologize for that (for anyone that cares, lol).

So during my 3rd observation day, one of my associate teachers made me aware of this online resource. What resource you might ask?

GIZMOS provided by http://www.explorelearning.com/

What I found to be really interesting about the GIZMOs are that they contain labs/activities that falls coincidentally into our specific curriculum expectations in Ontario. Now, they only cover Math & Science topics for grade 3-12, for you Math and Science teachers. The only thing I could see that would be a bad thing about this tool is that it does cost money to get an account, but my school has teacher accounts. So ask around, maybe you have access to it.

To learn more about GIZMOs please go here http://www.explorelearning.com/index.cfm?method=cCorp.dspLearnMore

1 comment:

  1. Your associate is so cool,I feel like courses like Science and Math really need lots of tech, it's awesome! Good luck on block, you'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete